½ cup Cake flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
6 Tbsp. butter
4 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp. lemon juice & enough evaporated milk to make 1/3 cup
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ Cup maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz chocolate chips
¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp. of butter
2) Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and chill in freezer with the butter. You want the cheese to be slightly frozen.
6) Retrieve the butter and blend it into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives done in a scissor action. This mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
7) Now do the same with the cream cheese, only less vigorously. You want to see the cream cheese chunks left in the flour. Do not pulverize them. (I did put the flour mixture back in the freezer for a few minutes so the butter could get hard again.)
12) Bake at 375° for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown.
13) Remove from oven and let cool.
While the scones are cooling pour 4 oz chocolate chips into a glass cup. Heat cream to a boil. Pour cream over the chocolate and slowly stir until blended. Add one T of butter and stir till smooth. Drizzle over scones.